DON'T YOU KNOW?
Click here to listen to this sermon.
Romans 6:1 - 7:6
ADAM and CHRIST
Getting a Grip on Grace
- Reign of Death
- Reign of Life
- We dare not cheapen it
- We dare not limit it
- We dare not qualify it
- Lets dare to brag about it
Questions About Grace
- Should we keep on sinning so that Gods grace increases? (6:1)
- Since God set us free from law, does that mean we can go on sinning? (6:15)
Response to First Question
Should we keep on sinning so that Gods grace increases?
- We died to sin, so we cannot keep living in it.
- Experience of baptism
Its a matter of life and death
Response to Second Question
Since God set us free from law, does that mean we can go on sinning?
- We are slaves to what we obey
- Sin leads to death
- Obedience to God leads to holiness
Till Death Do We Part
- Situation 1
- A woman is joined to a man who isnt her (living) husband.
- Conclusion = Adultery
- Situation 2
- A woman is joined to a man who isnt her (dead) husband.
- Conclusion = Not Adultery
- Baptism and Grace move us into a different system of righteousness
- Law can name sin, but cannot create righteousness
- Holiness Knowing Christ
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 21 December 2008
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin