ROOTS AND BRANCHES
Click here to listen to this sermon.
The Lords Genius
- Gods not finished with Israel
- If He can save Israel to save the Gentiles ...
- Then He can save the Gentiles in order to save Israel!
Past, Present, Future
- Past: Romans 9:6-29 God Shapes a People
- Present: Romans 9:30 11:6 Remnant
- Future: Romans 11:7-36 Gods Mysterious Plan
Did God Reject Israel?
- Saul/Paul the Benjamite
- Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 1 Samuel 8:7
Gods Saving Remnant
- 1 Kings 19 Elijah and Remnant
- Three texts describing Israels inability to see Gods work
The Future of Israel
- God has not rejected Israel forever
- Israel is not without hope
- Nothing separates us from Gods love (Romans 8)
- God will use it to His purposes
Warning to the Gentiles
- Romans 2:17 Warning to Jews not to boast in their advantage with the law
- Romans 11:11-16 Warning to Gentiles not to boast in their advantage in the present
Image #1: The Lump
- Lump of dough, lump of clay
- Numbers 15:19-20 The first-fruit offering of the grain
- If the portion is consecrated, then so is the rest
Image #2: The Root
- Gentiles were wild branches grafted into the chosen nation
- Remember your place
- Dont despise the root
- Historical reality Jew first and also Gentile
- The Future
- The broken branches can be grafted back into their own root
- Sin and Grace
- Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 8 February 2009
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin