TIME AND FAITH
Click here to listen to this sermon.
part 2: CHRIST OR CULTURE?
- Is it sacred or secular?
- How do we order our time?
- How do we use it?
- Embrace them
- Reject them
- By what standard?
- Sacred or Secular Observance?
- What is the cultural situation?
SAINTS DAYS, SPECIAL FEASTS, FULL CALENDAR
- Celebrate only on Lords Days and festivals of the Lord
- Abrogate Saints days
- Moved Feast of St. Nick to December 24
Church of Scotland
- 1560 Book of Discipline
- Made all holidays and festivals illegal
- John Knox
- Holy days had no valuable end
- Kept most major holidays and seasons
- What is the current, popular understanding of any of our holiday seasons?
- How do we engage that as disciples?
- Can we transform the holidays?
- Christ came into this world
- Christ is in this world
- Christ is coming into this world again
- Advent = Latin adventus, coming
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 13 December 2009
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin