PRAYER MINISTRY GUIDELINES
Pray Without Ceasing!
The West-Ark church family is dedicated to the ministry of prayer (Luke 11:1;
1 Thess. 5:17; James 5:16). We encourage Christians to pray for one another and share your prayer requests.
The church office manages the published prayer list. We need your ongoing assistance and participation to keep this published list updated. We offer the following guidelines to help you help us:
- Monday – Friday, the office sends out 1 or 2 daily emails with the latest information. If needed, the first email is sent in late morning between 11 AM and 12 Noon; the second between 4:00 and 5:00 PM. If there is no new information, an email is not sent. Please get in touch with the office before 10:45 AM or 3:45 PM to submit information to these updates. This daily email is limited to prayer requests. Special announcements are sent by e-mail only if they are urgent and cannot be handled in a timely manner through the newsletter.
- Please call or email the office with updates to your prayer request. We appreciate you letting us know how to continue publication of the original prayer request and when the request is no longer necessary.
- The prayer list is published in the newsletter weekly. Please submit your prayer requests or announcements to the office before 3:30 PM on Wednesday to insure publication in that week’s newsletter.
- We appreciate it when you inform us of needs within the congregation; however, we can only publish a prayer request when we have the permission of the person who is the focus of the request. You could help us greatly if you would first ask that person if we may publish their need for prayer in an email update or the newsletter.
- We publish the list of shut-ins and nursing home residents with their contact information. This list is available in the Information Center. We encourage you to refer to this list as you pray for and visit those listed.