- Is there anything about Jesus Christ in Hebrews 5:1-11 that you appreciate or love in a
- What traits of spiritual immaturity were the recipients of this epistle demonstrating
(Hebrews 5:11-14)? Explain each one.
- How do these shortcomings impact us today?
- How has Bible study helped you to grow and overcome temptation in your life?
- What are the elementary teachings of Christ?
What would mature teachings enable you to do?
- How do we develop into mature Christians?
II Peter 1:5-7
II Timothy 2:15
- From Hebrews 6:4-5, list the blessings these Christians enjoyed and were in danger of
- If the Hebrew Christian in 6:4-6 returned to the Jewish Law, what sin was he committing
against Christ? See also Hebrews 10:29.
How can we be guilty of sin with the same result (see II Peter 2:20-22)?
- In Hebrews 6:7-8, the author uses an agricultural analogy.
What will be blessed?
What will be burned up?
What conclusion do you see from this analogy (see also Matthew 13:1-23)?
- Summarize the teachings from the following scriptures:
II Thessalonians 2:10-12
- What encouragement does the author share in Hebrews 6:9-11?
- Select a person from scripture and explain how this person's faith and patience would be
an example we should imitate.
- How can we encourage others by our example?
- What are the two unchangeable things by which it was impossible for God to lie?
How does this encourage you in awaiting God's promise?
- How does our hope serve as an anchor for our soul?