Lesson 1: The Sexual Immorality Saga
The Immorality Backdrop continues:
- Judah and Tamar [Genesis 38]
- Joseph and Potiphars wife [Genesis 39]
Although 1 Corinthians 13 is what we strive for, we do not live in this perfect love relationship every day. We are both the recipient and the perpetrator of violence to this God-given definition of love. We must protect our marriage relationship.
WE ARE NOT IMMUNE: 2 Timothy 3:6, "For of this sort are they which creep into houses and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts ."
- Desire for companionship:
- Do not confide in another man about the character flaws of your husband, the weaknesses in your relationship, or private thoughts that you cannot share with your spouse. You then share a more intimate relationship with him than your husband.
- Desire for a physical relationship or reaffirmation of your sensuality:
- Do not dress for, anticipate meeting, or pre-plan spending time with another man. You are courting disaster FLEE.
Lesson 2: A Reality Check for Women in Choosing our Burdens
Joseph went from a man of importance and authority to an imprisoned man at the whim of a lustful woman.
We cannot control our environment, but we can and do control our reaction to it. We choose our burdens by our attitude.
Heavy backpack and light backpack; burdens and blessings.
Avone Malone wrote, Peace to the Christian is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of God.
Philippians 1:27-30, " For to you it has been granted for Christs sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake "
So how do WE make a godly choice?
- Philippians 4:11-13, Paul learned to be content.
- Matthews 6:33-34, Seek first [the Kingdom of God], dont worry.
- 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV), add goodness, knowledge, self control, perseverance, etc.
- ****Phil 4:4-9, rejoice, be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be known to God; dwell on these things.
We should love God and seek to serve others. Our lives should blend our service to Him into placing others needs and comforts before our own. We must focus outside of ourselves. We must submit to Gods will and become UNSELFISH.
Proverbs 31:10-31, the virtuous woman (KJV)
Joseph was able to withstand sexual temptation and complete destruction of his plans and prior success by choosing God instead of what was expedient or most advantageous for him at the time. He made God Lord of his life by submitting his will to Gods will.
**** Proverbs 23:17-18
"Do not let your heart envy sinners, but be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; For surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off."**** 1 Peter 5:6-7
"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
Link to Jeannie Cole's Ladies' Bible Class lectures
Link to WINGS Home Page